Monday, March 21, 2011

A bit about a few things

Hi, I'm Corey.

About a year ago, I made a decision that a lot of people thought was a little crazy, to leave my job in Oregon and move to North Dakota to be with my then-boyfriend, now fiance. The Gamer (as I'll affectionately refer to him on here) is a member of the United States Air Force, so we didn't really pick North Dakota, it was just the luck of the draw. There are a lot of things that I like about this area. The people are very nice, jobs are plentiful, cost of living is low. I'm less enamored with the winters that last for eons, and the general lack of any means to continue my education in dressage, my sport of choice. Still, I'm happy to be here with The Gamer and our dogs certainly keep our lives interesting, but overall, life seemed to be growing... stagnant. I've always been an active outdoors type of person, and that just wasn't feasible in blizzard weather.

This challenge is, in part, a challenge to myself to get over the hump of "there's nothing to do in Minot". There are plenty of things to do, I just need to seek them out and discover the adventures surrounding me. And get moving on a few goals I've had for... a while, that have been pushed to the wayside.

So here goes nothing. I've always been a "plunge in feet first" kind of person!

No comments:

Post a Comment